Rabia Karakaya Polat (2010) ‘How Far away from the Politics of Fear: Turkey in the EU Accession Process’ in Tunkrova, L. and Saradin P. (eds.) The Politics of EU Accession: Turkish Challenges and Central European Experiences, London: Routledge, pp. 58-71.(available upon request)
Sebnem Gumuscu (2010) ‘Class, Status, and Party: The Changing Face of Political Islam in Turkey and Egypt’ , Comparative Political Studies, 43 (7); 835-861.(available upon request)
-James G. McGann (2009), ‘European Think Tanks: Regional and Trans-Atlantic Trends’, University of Pennsylvania, Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program (available upon request)
-Onis, Ziya (2009) “Contesting for the ‘Center’: Domestic Politics, Identity Conflicts and The Controversy over EU Membership in Turkey”, Bilgi University European Institute Working Paper No: 2 EU/2/2010, [online]: http://eu.bilgi.edu.tr/docs/working%20paper2_101209.pdf
- Icener, Erhan (2009) “Understanding Romania and Turkey’s Integration with the European Union:Conditionality, Security Considerations and Identity”,Perspectives on European Politics and Society,vol.10, no.2, pp.225-239.
- Cagliyan-Icener, Zeyneb (2009) ‘The Justice and Development Party’s Conception of “Conservative Democracy”: Invention or Reinterpretation?’, Turkish Studies, vol.10, no.4, pp. 595-612.
- Gulmez, S. Baris (2008) ‘The EU Policy of the Republican People’s Party: An inquiry on the opposition party and Euro-skepticism in Turkey’, Turkish Studies, Vol. 9, Number 3, pp. 423-436. (Reviewed by Icten Ural, Fatih University).
-Kubicek, Paul (2009), “The European Union and Political Cleavages in Turkey”, Insight Turkey, Volume 11, Number 3, pp. 109-126.
-Kuru, Ahmet T. (2008), “Secularism, State Policies, and Muslims in Europe: Analyzing French Exceptionalism”, Comparative Politics, Volume 41, Number 1, October 2008, pp. 1-19. [will be reviewed by Lily Lanefelt, PhD candidate at University of Stockholm]
-Mansfield, Edward D. and Snyder, Jack (2009), “Pathways to War in Democratic Transitions”, International Organization, volume 63, Spring 2009, pp. 381–90. [will be reviewed by Stefano Taglia, PhD candidate at School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London]
- Onis, Ziya, (2009), “Conservative Globalism at the Crossroads: The Justice and Development Party and the Thorny Path to Democratic Consolidation in Turkey”, Mediterranean Politics,volume 14, pp. 1-21.
-Sarigil, Zeki. (Forthcoming). “Paths are What Actors Make of Them”, Critical Policy Studies.[will be reviewed by Natalie Martin, Loughborough University].
-Walter, Jochen and Albert, Mathias (2009), “Turkey on the European doorstep: British and German debates about Turkey in the European Communities”, Journal of International Relations and Development, Volume 12, Number 3, September 2009 , pp. 223-250.[will be reviewed by Agnes Inge Schneeberger, University of Leeds].
-Toprak, Binnaz (2009) “Turkey: The Islamist-Secularist Divide”, in Secularism, Women and the State:The Mediterranean World in the 21st century, edited by Barry Kosmin and Ariela Keysar, Institute for the Study of Secularism in Society and Culture, TrinityCollege, Hartford, CT, pp.57-67.
-Eder, Mine (2009)”A Cynical Look at ‘The Secularism Debate’ in Turkey”, in Secularism, Women and the State:The Mediterranean World in the 21st century, edited by Barry Kosmin and Ariela Keysar, Institute for the Study of Secularism in Society and Culture, TrinityCollege, Hartford, CT, pp.241-61
-Smith, Iain Robert (2008) “Beam Me up, Ömer”: Transnational Media Flow and the Cultural Politics of the Turkish Star Trek Remake’, The Velvet Light Trap: A Critical Journal of Film&Television, vol.61, pp.3-13.
REPORTS TO REVIEW (available online)
- International Strategic Research Organization (USAK), 2009 Sonrasi Donemde Turkiye-AB Iliskileri: Senaryo Analizleri ['Turkey-EU Relations after 2009: Scenario analyses' -unofficial transl.-], released: April 2009, http://www.usak.org.tr/dosyalar/rapor/OgJfGr7EadnlOeFK0Hnul5dgqVzJL5.pdf (report in Turkish)
- Richard Rose and Yusuf Ozcan, 2007. First European Quality of Life Survey: Quality of life in Turkey, Luxembourg: Office for Official Publications of the European Communities, http://www.eurofound.europa.eu/pubdocs/2007/19/en/1/ef0719en.pdf
- Pew Global Attitudes Project, The Great Divide: How Westerners and Muslims View Each Other Europe’s Muslims More Moderate, Released: 06.22.06 at http://pewglobal.org/reports/display.php?ReportID=253
-Independent Commission on Turkey, 2008, Turkey in Europe: Breaking the Vicious Circle ( 2nd report), http://www.independentcommissiononturkey.org/pdfs/2009_english.pdf
- Toprak, Binnaz et al. 2008, “Being Different in Turkey: Alienation on the Axis of Religion and Conservatism”. (Report of in-depth interviews with 401 adults.) –available upon request. [reviewed by Dr. Ahmet Kuru]. English translation by TESEV available at: http://www.aciktoplumvakfi.org.tr/pdf/tr_farkli_olmak.pdf)