to work in a project on the securitisation of climate change. The envisaged start date of the project is 1 October 2012 for a duration of 36 months. The project will examine the political processes of the representation of climate change in four case studies (Germany, Mexico, Turkey, USA). Applicants will
- Have completed their MA with excellent marks by the start date of the project;
- Be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of IR Theory and in particular the debate about the changing concept of security;
- Be interested in environmental politics;
- Be fluent in English and have excellent working knowledge in German as well as Spanish or Turkish;
- Be able to integrate into a functioning team.
Experience in project organisation as well as discourse analysis will be an advantage. Successful applicants will be expected to pursue a PhD at the Department of Political Science during the duration of the project.
If you are interested, please send your application by email to thomas.diez(at)uni-tuebingen.de.You should attach the following documents as PDF:
- Current CV
- Degree certificates
- Contact details of two potential referees
- A motivation letter of max. 1 page.
The deadline for applications is 18 May 2012. Interviews will probably take place on 29 June 2012. Unfortunately, the University cannot normally reimburse travel expenses for interviews, but interviews may be possible via videolink.
The University of Tübingen is an equal opportunities employer.
For further information, contact Thomas Diez at the email address given above.